Sunday, November 13, 2011

New Interview with Manila Bulletin

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson met us in a Beverly Hills hotel one lovely afternoon, the three stars of “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn-Part 1” talked of their ever growing friendship, how they bonded when not filming, the two final parts of the popular franchise and what all this “Twilight” experience has done to them.

On doing Parts 1 and 2, the lovely Kristen, now 21, said, “I wanted to remember the experiences as something that happened to me rather than something that I made and you really rarely get that opportunity.

In this movie, Bella and Edward get married and have their first vampire-human baby.

On doing the wedding and birthing scenes, Kristen revealed, “It’s funny comparing the wedding scene to the birth scene, the experience of it. They couldn’t have been more different. I cleared my head so successfully before I walked down the aisle that I just didn’t think. No choices were made, it just happened. As with the birth scene, I just wanted to push it further and further. I didn’t want to stop shooting it and that’s because reading the book is so viscerally grotesque. It hurts to read it but at the same time, the most beautiful thing is coming out of it. She is achieving all of what she’s dreamed of and it is literally summed up in what’s inside. It’s in the baby and obviously, it defines her character. She has been talking about being able to throw it all away. I will die for this. That’s a grand statement to make and so to see her get within an inch of that is as if she was not lying. She’s a machine. It was cool to play raw emotion that was so fundamental. Every human being can relate to it as if the role was very physical.”

On how close the three of them have become, Kristen disclosed, “We are so lucky to have each other in this. It’s funny. We don’t have the type of relationship that you find on sets that you know each other within a very particular context like only on the set of ‘Twilight.’ Every time I remember that I have not talked to Taylor in a while, it rather worries me. It shocks me going whoa, where is he? A perfect example was the other day when we put our hands in cement at the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I felt ridiculous looking down at my tiny hands. I was just thinking like God, I can’t believe this is happening and then you look to the right, you look to the left and it makes sense. Taylor and Robert are amazing. I couldn’t have done it without them. It would have just been a very different experience.”

In fact during breaks, Kristen who loves to cook, makes Taylor and Robert their favorite soups. “Taylor likes asparagus soup and Robert loves tortilla soup,” Kristen disclosed.


The charming 19-year-old Taylor confirmed, “The three of us are so close we are able to talk as friends. We have grown up together for the past four years and that has been a major help. It made things a lot easier.”

When not working, Taylor revealed that the three of them spend time together. “When we are on set, the mood is very light and we have a lot of fun together. Whenever we wrap, whatever time we have left over we will go out to eat.”

On doing “Breaking Dawn,” Taylor said, “This one deals with the same Jacob we’ve always seen before. He is immature; he is selfish. When he doesn’t get what he wants he pouts about it or handles it the wrong way. Throughout the movie, we see him grow. We see him make choices and make decisions that are more difficult. He is forced to mature and become a man in this one. By the end of it, something happens, the imprinting. He realizes why everything has been happening this way. He is not meant to be with Bella. We will be able to explore in Part 2 the outcome of all that.”

As for putting their imprints on the Hollywood’s Walk of Fame, Taylor revealed, “If I had to choose one moment within the past years that has been the most surreal, it would be that because I remember when I first moved here from Michigan when I was 11 years old. I walked down the Walk of Fame, looked at the stars and looked at the hand and footprints. It was just the coolest thing. I never thought ever when I was looking at those that I would actually be there one day. It’s kind of funny because I didn’t for some reason think it was going to be such an event when we did it. I thought the three of us were just going to show up and put our hands in some wet cement. But no, there was like thousands of fans there and helicopters. It made me nervous. I’m like oh, I don’t want to mess my hand print. What if I mess up, it’s going to be there forever. Then you have all the attention on top of that. My hands were shaking a little bit.”

As for Robert, 25, he talked of how frustrated he was of Edward’s behavior in Part 1. “I have never been really frustrated by Edward’s behavior in any of the other movies,” he confessed. “I remember reading the book and I got more and more disgusted by his passivity until the point where at the wedding, Jacob is having the first dance with Bella. I am like what is happening. This is totally crazy. But I understood it more after Bella gets pregnant. When you fall in love with someone, you are in a totally hopeless position. You feel you have no power at all. So as soon as she starts going off on her own journey, all you can do as a guy is feel totally helpless. It is a very specific thing to Edward. I definitely don’t like it when he passes the buck a little bit to Jacob. I always thought that was kind of giving up on her a little bit.”

Robert explained, “It is even more extreme in the book. He literally says to Jacob, you would be better with her. As soon as Bella gets pregnant with this thing, a matter that’s growing inside, it’s as if all the doubt and the self-loathing that he’s felt in all the other ones overwhelm him. He just cannot control himself. He can’t handle it all. He has to let go of his ego, his past and just rebuild himself. In the second part of the movie, he is basically a different person.”

As for their bonding, the down-to-earth Robert said, “It is really incredible that we did five movies and we are still the best of friends. Some people do movies together and start as friends. Then in the end, they are no longer friends. So to be able to share and go through this same experience with two other people is earth-shattering.”


source | via