Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rob talks Water for Elephants and Breaking Dawn with BBC


Robert Pattinson says he prefers making romantic comedies over CGI films because
"they're incredibly boring to make".

Speaking ahead of the release of his new movie Water For Elephants, the British actor told Newsbeat that he'd much rather do romcoms.

"If you want to do big movies you have to do either big action explosion movies or you do romances because they're the only things that get made," he said.

"I think romances allow you to develop a character more. I hate working with computerised stuff. It's incredibly boring."

'Boring to do'

Pattinson, who rose to fame after playing the role of vampire Edward Cullen in the Twilight franchise, also had a dig at action films saying although he likes watching them, they're boring to make.

He said: "If they're just well written [I'd consider an action movie] but it's not good writing most of the time.

"I enjoy watching them but it would be boring to do. You've basically got to do it if you want to be famous."


In Water For Elephants, the 24-year-old British actor plays a vet who runs away with a circus and falls in love with one of the performers, played by Reese Witherspoon.

He admitted that he decided to do the film after meeting the elephant used in the production.

"I met the elephant before I accepted the movie and before I'd read the script," he said "It really was [the deal breaker].

Breaking Dawn

"I remember going home in the car waiting to read the script and I was like, 'Please, please be good.'

"I'd basically already decided to do the movie not knowing anything about it just because I got on really well with the elephant and thought it was really fun."

The actor also revealed that filming for the final Twilight films, Breaking Dawn parts one and two, has now finished.

"I'm sure we will have to do something," he said. "We finished a week and a half ago. All done.

"Yeah, she (Kristen Stewart) loved that [wedding] scene. It's a very girly scene.

"I do quite a few scenes with a baby and that's quite odd. It's so different in those movies because we were doing it with a real baby. But it was fun."


BBC

No comments: