Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rob on the cover of Style Magazine (Italy): "I want a quiet life"


The April issue of Style - on sale tomorrow with Il Corriere della Sera - is dedicated to the new stars of Hollywood. A generation of actors born in the 80s who stand out for their soft elegance and total secretiveness about their private lives.

The cover is dedicated to Robert Pattinson: the 24 year old British actor who emigrated to Hollywood and gained worldwide fame playing the pale vampire in the Twilight saga.

He now represents a new masculinity that is distant from the machismo of the 80s and in a long interview to Style he declares: “Luxury hotels, hot models and designers buzzing around me? All of them are traps, I want a quiet life.” The actor continues: “I’m not interested in casual relationships, I need to get to know people. I’m not making an existential statement: I just want a family with two or three kids”.

Meanwhile, like his colleagues Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Andrew Garfield and Alexander Fehling, he brought a new, fresh, surprising male identity also to that subculture of fans who, via Facebook, made a star of him.


Style | thanks to KStewDevotee and kstewartnews | Better translation thanks to candylaughter via Robstenation

7 comments:

Suus said...

Very nice photo and I like the way he talks about people around him. He's not superficial (hope that's the right word in English) and I like that.

Nicole said...

confused??? is this a new photo? he looks younger.

Iluvthemovies said...

Hi Nicole, that pic was taken in 2008 for either People Magazine's Most Beautiful edition or EW I am not quite certain which magazine but it was taken in 2008. Look at how amazing he looked then and how he looks in the current EW. He is a handsome man.

Grace said...

where can i love this? and, robbie, ill be your wife ;)

Nicole said...

It baffles me that old photos an be reused on magazine covers! Crazy! Still total hotness.

Aitch said...

wow that photo looks old.

Sue said...

He looks like James Dean!