Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rob and Reese to present at the 46th Annual Academy Country Music Awards


From the Press Release

ENCINO, CA (March 22, 2010) –The Academy of Country Music announced today that Academy Award®-winning actress Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson are scheduled to present together as part of the 46th ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, hosted by Reba and Blake Shelton.

The ceremony, which honors country music’s top talent as well as the industry’s hottest emerging artists, is produced for television by dick clark productions and will be broadcast LIVE from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 at 8:00 PM live ET/delayed PT on the CBS Television Network.

Pattinson and Witherspoon join previously announced presenters, Nancy O’Dell and Ryan Seacrest. In addition, Alabama, Dierks Bentley, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans, Martina McBride, Reba, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood and Zac Brown Band with James Taylor and Entertainer of the Year nominees Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban have been announced as performers at the 46th ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS.

Reese Witherspoon is best known for her Academy Award winning portrayal of country music singer June Carter Cash in the 2005 film Walk the Line. Robert Pattinson is best known for his portrayal of the vampire Edward Cullen in the Twilight saga. In April, Witherspoon and Pattinson will star in Water For Elephants.


More info at http://www.acmcountry.com/ | Via

11 comments:

JA said...

interesting! what will he wear? how will he be received? what will he wear??

twilightnan said...

This is Amazing!@JA,ITA..I'm wondering as well..it doesn't matter anyway..Rob will look Fabulous whatever he wears !..another opportunity for us to drool on his holyhotness!lol!!Hi favs:)

Iluvthemovies said...

Holy Johnny Cash, I am in seventh heaven. I am so glad that they are going to present. I am not a big fan of country music, however, I will watch that just to see Rob present with Reese. I don't think he will come out with a stetson on his head, I think he will wear a nice suit or tux. Only the real flashy country singers have outrageous outfits on. Hi JA and twilightnan, what a day for Rob info. It is coming out of the woodwork. Quite a bizarre and happy day.

zenobia said...

I am excited about the water for elephants movie. I love animals. off topic but my favorite movie of robert pattinson is the haunted airman he blew my mind in that role. I think that when his name is said I think of the haunted airman role the edward cullen role is well known for robert but his toby role should get more credit and he would not be typecasted for that. it is really sad to me that he is typecasted.

Calihi27 said...

Oh YAY!!! More Rob! I'll watch anything for him! I so can't wait to see him again!!!! Like I've said before, I LOVE movie promo time!!!! :)

Iluvthemovies said...

Hi zenobia, I do admire Rob's performance in the Haunted Airman. He is totally different than the characters he is playing now. I also loved him in the Mad Mother's Handbook, because he was not sophisticated or as good looking as Edward Cullen or Tyler Hawkins, but he was sensational in that part. His performance in "How to Be" he brought something new to the role, except I am not a fan of the movie, but Rob's performance is fantastic. I love when he sticks his head in the freezer at the supermarket. Now all he plays are good looking leading men, which I don't mine one bit, but they are almost generic. I think Cosmopolis will be a big turning point as far as seeing Rob in a different light. I hope he can still have the support of his fanbase to succeed.

zenobia said...

I agree Iluvthemovies that is my favorite part to in how to be. he sticks his head in the freezer at the supermarket I laughed so hard my stomach hurt robert is awesome.

MesmerizedbyRob said...

I am soooooooooooooo ECSTATIC to hear this!!! I am a HUGE country music fan and to hear Rob is presenting on my awards is my dream coming true!! :-) I am freaking out. Rob and Reese will fit in just fine. I'm sooo excited to watch the ACMs more than ever now. :-D April is going to be my favorite month. :-)

JA said...

@mesmerizedbyrob, i used to be a huge country fan, and loved ALL the country awards shows...but don't listen anymore. i think that's the only thing that's keeping my feet on the ground for this one.

MesmerizedbyRob said...

Yes, I do admit today's country isn't all that great anymore. Just certain arists that have been around for a long while. I love the 90's country the most. I grew up on it and hope to be a country music artist someday. It's my dream. Anyway, back to Rob :-) I can't wait.

Suus said...

I don't kknow this event but I am ready for more RP....Oh Yeah.....