Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rob Didn't Understand David Slade Jokes, Says Kellan

Ashley and Kellan talked to Dose.ca about filming during Eclipse, and both mentioned Rob:

Ashley



I hear you haven't seen Eclipse yet.

I'm going to wait. I want to see it at the premiere. I think if you're going to go, go all out. So I want to be there with the fans. It's always fun to hear their reaction; if you're character gets hit they cringe and groan, and then they scream when Rob comes on, so it'll be fun. Plus, I want to see it for the first time with all my friends and family.


Kellan



What was it like working with David Slade?
He's really cool. I'm really a big fan. 30 Days of Night is such a great, epic vampire movie, and Hard Candy is such an intense mental movie, so he's a great director for this kind of dark, edgy movie. He was never stressed and he always had this dry sense of humour that I loved. Some people didn't get it, like Rob [Pattinson] would just not understand his jokes, which made me laugh even more.

Full interviews here and here

Via source

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hm, interesting. You'd think David and Rob would have gotten along both being Brits with wry sense of humor. But I do get the sense they butted heads on Eclipse. He doesn't gush over David as he did Chris Weitz. Rob barely mentions him during the junkets.

twilightnan said...

@ Mello, ITA I'm baffled as well I would have thought Rob would get his joke of all people for his dry sense of humour.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sure Rob got the jokes, they were probably as weird and tasteless as DS is, and the fact that DS was a complete jerkoff to Rob on set is probably there was no love lost between them during the junket and no real mention of each other's names, more so on Rob's part, one could so clearly see him tense up when DS is brought up and he is super PC and diplomatic while answering those questions. It was just recently that he's gone ahead and said they've actually butted heads and I'm guessing it was much more than that actually!