Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More from EW's Interview and the COVERS!



LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Did Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart confess their rumored romance backstage on “The Oprah Winfrey Show?”

That’s what one online report suggested in the wake of “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” stars’ appearance (with co-star Taylor Lautner) on the show in May, but Kristen told Entertainment Weekly how things really went down.

“She glided over to me – and she was strong, by the way, really firm hands – and she said, ‘How are you?’ I said, ‘Good.’ She said, ‘Good. Are you nervous?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I am, but I think I’m OK.’ She said, ‘Good. We’ll have fun,’” Kristen told the mag. “And then she just walked away. And that was the most I talked to her backstage.”

However, Kristen also addressed something she did say – a recent comment in the media comparing paparazzi photographs of herself to rape, which she later apologized for.

“I’m so sensitive about stuff like that. It is the one subject that means a lot to me. I made one movie directly concerning it and I made another one where my character has a horrible history of rape. I talked to a lot of people about it,” Kristen told EW. “I used the wrong word. I should have said ‘violated.’ But I’m young and emotional. It’s just the way it goes sometimes. I probably shouldn’t say this, but I just feel like people got so excited once they saw that it was me. It was like, ‘Sweet! Lets get her!’”

Robert also defended Kristen, taking aim at the “little nerds… on their little blogs” who had attacked the comment.

“None of those associations came out and gave a statement [criticizing Kristen] without being called upon by the media first – who were doing it specifically to get hits on their websites,” he noted to EW. “That whole system of Internet journalists, where no one is called to account, is almost entirely about hate. All these people get away with doing it because they have no responsibility to anyone. All they need is to get a salacious headline and people click on it, because it’s easy.”

However, Rob added that doing “The Twilight Saga” gave the cast plenty of interview opportunities – and chances to defend each other.

“That’s the only way,” he said of using interview time to dispel rumors. “All of us stick together as well. There are so many little nerds behind their computers, on their little blogs.”

“You can say so much more than me. It’s insane,” Kristen said, chiming in.

“That’s not true at all,” Rob responded. “When did I say anything [controversial?]”

“The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” is due in theaters June 30.

Access Hollywwod

7 comments:

Maggie. (; said...

oooh, I am SO getting both magazines!
When do they come out?

♪♫ Yaelfica ♪♫ said...

oh i thought it was just one! i'm never getting those so i wont even bother dreaming..hehe
and yes...OH MY SWEET JESUS!!
..i forgot...
who's got my sponge?? oh dear where did i put it??? lol

behnaz said...

wowwwwwwwwww
very nice pics and...

Ursula said...

I sooooo getting both of these, does anyone know if they are out?

Iluvthemovies said...

Taylor and Rob look so cute, I can see them doing a buddy movie. They look great on the cover.

♪♫ Yaelfica ♪♫ said...

@ursula on friday some said

rdrumm5 said...

When do the Outtakes come out?