Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ashley Greene Says: Robert Pattinson is My Biggest Inspiration


The 23-year-old actress plays Robert’s adopted sister Alice Cullen in the Twilight film franchise. The young star was completely unprepared for her meteoric rise to fame, and admits she was terrified by the attention she started getting after the first film premiered.

While the rest of her world seemed to be spinning out of control, Ashley says she stayed sane by trying to be more like Robert because he has remained “completely unaffected” by his fame.

“Robert Pattinson, who plays my adoptive brother in the Twilight films, has been one of my biggest inspirations,” Ashley said. “As a person, he’s not like anyone I’ve ever met in Hollywood, and as an actor he’s a complete natural. He has no ego.

“Everyone loves him, but he’s unaffected by that and never seems fazed by the attention that comes his way. He’s not changed a bit since I worked with him on the first Twilight movie.”

Ashley says the level of fan attention has increased as the vampire drama series progresses. At first, she found her “devoted” fans “slightly terrifying” but has now learnt to be flattered by their attention.

“When I started out as an actress I thought only about work. I never stopped to consider what it would be like to be famous,” she explained to British newspaper The Daily Mail.

“The Twilight movies attract extremely devoted fans. When they meet me their reactions are sometimes a little odd. Quite often they just stand in front of me and start crying and shaking. It was slightly terrifying at first, but I’ve learnt to accept it.

“So long as people are responding in a positive way, that’s a huge compliment to me and to the movies I’m in.”

Source via Pattinsonlife

No comments: