Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Two fan encounters with Rob on Regis&Kelly

Kelly and Suz met Rob during his appearence on Regis&Kelly. Here is their report



I always have liked to make the first “phone call” after a first date. Perhaps it’s a little unorthodox, but as the saying goes, “Well behaved women rarely make history”.

So I think our “date” went well. I was so glad you didn’t mind that I brought one of my best friends Suz along, and, after all, you spent most of your time with Regis and Kelly. Oh, and I’m really sorry for Suz's outburst(When Regis asked “What is it about the whole Vampire thing with women, is it the biting, the blood sucking, what?” yeah, she was the one who responded “YES!” from the audience… what can I say, you are outburst worthy. :)

I think the conversation went well. You were completely charming as always. The comment about “Twi-Mom’s” always looking too young.. Pure perfection! You certainly are learning how to work a crowd!

I have to be honest though. I had a really hard time listening to what you were saying. There you were about 8 feet away from me; the only thing coming between us was a television camera from time to time. I was trying to listen, and take pictures, because you are a busy man and who knows when we will have a chance to do this again. So I did spend a lot of time looking at you through my camera lens. The show went in a blur.

The first commercial break came, and you were taken to the opposite side of the room from where you greeted a few audience members, a couple of photos and a few autographs. The pure joy you bring to your fans when you approach them is such a special thing to watch.

A few brief minutes and you were back in front of the room, live TV you know.. and you were introducing a clip from New Moon, and then your segment of the show was done, concluding with another commercial break.

That was when our special time began. You approach us with purpose, and we quickly got through the pleasantries of handshakes and introductions. And then you asked if we would like a picture with you. Of course I did.. as I said you are a busy guy and who knows when our paths will cross again.

I handed my camera off to another audience member and apparently, she was so transfixed by you that she couldn’t take her eyes off of you and she forgot to look at the screen on the back of the camera to see what she was taking a picture of. And so I offer you the two pictures of you and me together.





And then you did some thing that will for ever hold your place in my heart. You looked at me, and asked if we got the picture, and when I replied that I didn’t think so, you told me, “Let’s take another”.



There, in a room full of people demanding your attention, and your limited and precious time, you were willing to give me more. After the past few weeks of going non-stop, doing publicity for the movie, being screamed at and groped, little sleep, and desperately in need of a break, you offered me more of your time.

I could not, in good conscience, let you give more of yourself away, and told you that it was OK, that there were others who wanted to meet you, and I remember my hand was on your elbow and I gave it a squeeze, as I reluctantly sent you on your way.

You turned slightly away, signed an autograph on the poster of a young girl, a couple of quick “R’s” on some other things thrust at you and then you were whisked away, on to your next engagement.

Not bad for a first date. I’ve had worse. I think, when you have more time, we should try it again, maybe with a smaller group. We could have a few of your friends, and a few of mine, a lot less screaming and perhaps a bit later in the day.

When people ask me how I think it went and if I have any regrets I would have to tell them our date was an absolute success, and as for regrets, I only have three:

1) I wish we had had more time

2) I wish the picture of us on my camera had come out(or that I was looking the right direction for the picture taken with Suz’s camera)

3)I wish I knew what happened to the Sharpie pens that were in the bag that was taken back stage containing things for you to sign if you have a chance. We got the bag back with our things that you didn’t have a chance to sign (no worries there) but the three sharpie pens were missing.
Oh, I just thought of one more thing

4)I wish you gotten the homemade cookies Suz had baked and included in the bag for you. You really missed out on those.

All in all, I think we are off to a good start here. I also think that when you have time you should drop me a line and we can see what we can do about getting together again. I really believe that this was the start of a beautiful friendship.:)

All joking aside, I wish I could find the words to express all that I felt that day. It’s not often something, or someone gives me a reason to dance on Columbus Avenue while hailing a cab, but I had a damn good reason to do it yesterday!

Thank you, for being you and for being willing to give me an unforgettable moment. I am aware, as I have stated before, that I was merely a drop in the ocean that was the promotional tour for "New Moon" let alone the even bigger ocean that is your life. But I will treasure that gift of your time always! You are a very special and beautiful soul, and I count myself lucky each day to wake in a world where you exist, and where you are able to do what you do.



Their videos

Kelly's Video





Suz's video





Via Thinking Of Rob

4 comments:

Suz said...

Hi, thanks for posting our story.

We had a wonderful experience, truly wonderful.

We are very happy to share our experience with the fans, but one thing.. we gave our story to ROBSESSED, could you please source them.

http://www.robsessedpattinson.com/

Thanks,

Suz

Emma613 said...

This is a wonderful story!How lucky you are to have met him.I think Kelly mentioned when his segment was up and he was gone how very gracious he is.Hes is a gentleman....that is something that is always said about him....Your story proved that its true...Thank You!!!1

Jenn said...

Thank you so much for sharing! It is so nice to know my obsession is not wasted on a jerk, but instead is bestowed upon such a wonderful person. No one with eyes like that could be anything but amazing! I hope he never changes, no matter how crazy life is now. I didn't think it was possible to be more Robsessed, but I was wrong! ;)

meleny said...

WOW!
What a Beautiful experience, thanks for sharing with us, especialy the videos, I love the last one, his eyes ohhhh God!!!
He's amazing!!