Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Robert Pattinson drained by fame


Robert Pattinson - The 'Twilight' star admits the pressure of fame made him "really paranoid" until he realised he was just going to have to "accept it

Robert Pattinson nearly "lost it" earlier this year. The 'Twilight' star admits the pressure of fame made him "really paranoid" until he realised he was just going to have to "accept it".

The 23-year-old star explained: "I was getting really paranoid. But then I realised that if tomorrow I say, 'OK, I've had enough we're stopping everything,' it won't change anything.

"Might as well try to accept it and stay Zen as I have no control over it. It's not always easy. But whining won't change anything."

Robert had no idea how famous he was until he was mobbed by screaming fans at the Cannes Film Festival in February.

He told France's Premiere magazine: "I was in a restaurant during a break, and when I came out two hours later, 500 people were waiting for me at the exit.

"It was total chaos. But I'm sure that if I'd said to one of those girls, 'Come on, let's go have breakfast,' she would have been totally embarrassed and would never scream my name again."


source

Same quotes, different article

Robert Pattinson Says Kristen Stewart Kept Him Sane

Robert Pattinson,star of “Twilight” and “New Moon” recently gave an interview with the French edition of Premiere. He talked about how he was able to cope with his newfound mega super stardom. He says it wasn’t always as easy as he’s recently been making it appear,in fact he used to get quite frustrated with it.

He commented on one experience,saying, “I was in a restaurant during a break at Cannes, and when I came out two hours later, 500 people were waiting for me at the exit,” he tells the magazine. “It was total chaos. I’m sure that if I told one of those girls ‘come, let’s go have breakfast,’ she would have been totally embarrassed and would never scream my name again.”

He also talked how his “Twilight Saga” co-star, Kristen Stewart kept him grounded when all the “Twilight” hype started to get to him. He stated, “I was getting really paranoid. If tomorrow I say ‘OK, I’ve had enough we’re stopping everything’ it won’t change anything. Might as well try to accept it and stay Zen as I have no control over it. It’s not always easy. But whining won’t change anything.”

Robert is currently in Vancouver,Canada filming “Twilight Saga : Eclipse” which is set to hit theaters June 30,2010. “Twilight Saga : New Moon” arrives November 20,2009.


source

5 comments:

Lexi55 said...

One can only imagine what all the craziness and hype of everything, what it would do to a person.

...wowie! said...

I like the fact that he does have someone (friends or gf) that can keep him grounded. Who know what it would be like if he totally freaked out. Poor thing. At least he's smart enough to accept it for what it is and what it would still be if he decided to quit acting.

Hotty said...

Am I missing something? He didnt mention anything about Kristen Stewart keeping him grounded in this article.

Lexi55 said...

No,Hotty you did not miss anything....the article said nothing regarding this. Misleading one would think.

amiga said...

I like Rob as a person. He has a good attitude in life. He's lucky that he becomes famous but it really suffer his personal life. He can not enjoy his life like ordinary people. Anyway, no pain, no glory.